Motieka & Audzevičius has significant experience in managing all aspects of telecommunications, media & IT companies: acquisitions and sales, specialising in complex transactions, mergers, financing, securities and compliance with all national regulatory requirements. In addition, we have extensive experience in supporting international telecommunications & IT ventures, including market entry, financing and licensing issues, developing enterprise-wide risk management tools for privacy, data protection, and compliance, dealing with land use, real estate and environmental issues, and formulating complex regulatory and legal analyses for the financial and investment communities to assist in market projections.
Lithuania has the largest telecommunications & IT industry in the Baltic States and has been acknowledged as one of the major IT centres in Northern Europe. In an era of convergence, companies active in the telecommunications & IT sector face numerous challenges, including new technologies, a changing regulatory climate, brewing policy disputes, distribution modalities, and brand protection, among others. Businesses and investors in these sectors need counsel with wide-ranging experience and in-depth industry knowledge.
- Represented one of the largest media holdings in the Baltic countries in a litigation concerning licensing conditions.
- Represented a media group in Vilnius Regional Administrative Court in a dispute against the Radio and Television Commission of Lithuania.
- Represented the leading Baltic developer of intelligent engineering solutions in the Court of Appeals of Lithuania in complex litigation against the largest European engineering conglomerate and Kaunas Municipality.
- Defended the client's interests in the National Patent Bureau of the Republic of Lithuania regarding intellectual property belonging to the client, and also assigned to the law firm the defense of his position in a case concerning defamation.
- Represented one of the leading developer of intelligent engineering solutions in Lithuania in a court battle for annulment of the public contract between one of the municipalities and Europe's largest engineering conglomerate.