Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
Motieka & Audzevičius regularly provides sophisticated corporate transactions, merger and acquisition, licensing and dispute resolution services to the industry's participants. Our attorneys additionally advise on all aspects of restructurings and public offerings in this field, as well as competition law issues.
Today's pharmaceutical, medical and healthcare companies regularly encounter conflicting interests and tensions. With leading legal expertise and a highly commercial approach to doing business in this dynamic sector we advise clients on a range of legal issues impacting their businesses. Our team offers precise guidance in terms of corporate and M&A, competition, and tax structuring issues enabling our clients to succeed in the highly competitive and dynamic marketplace.
- Advised on the transaction of Bendrosios medicinos praktika, a multi-profile clinic and hospital.
- Advised the seller, active in medicine and health business, in sale of the stake owned by the client to the majority shareholder.
- Represented a client in the Supreme Court of Lithuania. The Supreme Court has reviewed the case for the third time, after the case had been returned to the Court of Appeal for the further investigation of factual circumstances in more detail.
- Represented one of the largest pharmaceutical distribution companies in Lithuania in the Court of Appeal.
- Defended the interests of the Client in the Supreme Court of Lithuania in the bankruptcy litigation case.
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in two cases in the Supreme Court of Lithuania.
- Represented one of the biggest private sector healthcare providers in a labour dispute over compensation issues.
- Represented a shareholder of one of the biggest private sector health care providers in Lithuania in structuring and implementing a complex transaction related to the acquisition of shares.
- Defended the interests of a major pharmaceutical distribution company against a monetary claim of nearly EUR 2 million filed by an insolvent pharmaceutical wholesaler in the Court of Appeals.
- Investigation of the Lithuanian Competition Council in regard to failure to notify a concentration to the Council
- Represented a shareholder of one of the largest health care providers in a shareholder's dispute.
- Advising one of the leading regional wholesale and retail pharmaceutical groups on a spin-off of pharmacies chain pursuant to a conditional merger clearance.
- Advised the leading pharmaceutical retailers on the acquisition of 100 per cent of shares in pharmacies network of more than 60 pharmacies in Lithuania.
- Assisted shareholders of the holding company of one of the leading pharmaceutical wholesale and retail companies in exercising put option and exiting the joint venture with foreign partners.