Leisure and Entertainment
Our international leisure and entertainment practice covers a range of sectors, including travel and holiday, hotels, health clubs and sport. Firm's experience includes representing business owners pursuing expansion or selling their businesses.
Motieka & Audzevičius' attorneys advise clients on a wide variety of domestic and international disputes and dispute avoidance techniques in contracts, copyright, licensing, trademark, false advertising and unfair competition. We also act as strategic advisors in a broad range of transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures, financing agreements, detailed planning and construction advice. Our lawyers coordinate across the practices to provide a wide range of services to the leisure and entertainment industry that include tax, securities law, patents, bankruptcy and restructuring, corporate governance, planning regulatory and real estate.
- Advised the buyer in the acquisition of the stake owned by German investors in a deal that ended all disputes between the shareholders which had been ongoing for a number of years.
- Advised the Lithuanian entity, holding of Lithuanian entertainment business leaders engaging in entertainment (casinos) and catering business on “a-side step merger” in the course of which the Lithuanian entity has absorbed the Luxembourgish company.
- Advised the client on the VAT taxation of income from artistic and musical performances.
- Represented a company in the catering and hospitality sector in a litigation concerning commercial secrets and other confidential information.
- Represented the owner of a 4-star hotel in a shareholders dispute.
- Represented a client which owns the only four-star rated rural hotel in Lithuania in the Supreme Administrative Court of Lithuania in a dispute against the Regional Environmental Protection Department.
- Represented one of the leading Lithuanian events management company in the Supreme Administrative Court of Lithuania in the dispute among the events management companies and the Competition Council of the Republic of Lithuania regarding prosecution of the cartel agreement.
- Represented one of the major Lithuanian hotels in the Vilnius District Court as a court of appeal instance in complex litigation case related with the energy supply.
- Represented one of the major Lithuanian hotels in the Supreme Court of Lithuania in complex litigation related with registration of real rights and protection of clients.