Financial institutions & Private equity
Motieka & Audzevičius provides legal services to financial institutions and private equity funds.
We advise on the introduction of new products, structure and negotiate mergers and acquisitions, arrange institutional investment and securitisation transactions and provide counselling, transactional and litigation services to investment banks and financial intermediaries. Our lawyers consult clients on insurance, investment management, fiduciary, securities and related financial services.
Our private equity practice encompasses capital raising, investment and divestiture, and operational activities. Our lawyers have extensive experience dealing with the acquisition and financing of public and private companies and with a variety of exit strategies, including spin-offs, recapitalisations, mergers and IPOs. Our team focuses on providing assistance in evaluating the investment under consideration and acquisition proposals, counselling on structuring and presenting bids, negotiating and drafting acquisition and financing agreements, and designing tax efficient structures. We act on behalf of sellers, purchasing funds, managers and financing banks in all types of leveraged acquisitions.
In the compliance area, we have represented institutions in terms of governmental investigations concerning regulatory issues.
- Advised a a developer of complex banking software regarding business development in fintech industry.
- Has successfully represented a client in a dispute against a company active in the field of finance and insurance regarding proper execution of wealth management contracts.
- Has advised the management team of “Orion” group companies which purchased shares of „Orion securities“.
- Has successfully represented a leading security service provider in a dispute with the National Competition Authority in Vilnius Regional Administrative Court.
- Successfully represented the client before the Court of Appeal in dispute regarding interim measures which has prohibited a property realization procedure according to the mortgage agreement.
- Has successfully represented the biggest financial institution of the Russian Federation.
- Successfully represented a leading security service provider in a dispute with the National Competition Council in the Vilnius Regional Administrative Court.
- Represented a leading Lithuanian consumer organization, acting as a complainant, before the Lithuanian Competition Council.
- Advised VIENNA INSURANCE GROUP AG Wiener, the top player in the CEE insurance market, on the incorporation of the first group company, a non-life insurance insurer, in the Baltic States.
- Represented the biggest financial institution of the Russian Federation.
- Represented an Icelandic investment company in litigation against a Lithuanian counterparty.
- Represented the biggest financial institution of the Russian Federation. The case concerned compensation of damage of more than 2.1 million EUR.
- On behalf of the client, a group of depositors of an insolvent Lithuanian bank, has filed a complaint against the Republic of Lithuania to the European Commission.
- Snoras' creditors committee has approved the sale of Finasta Group (a branch of the bankrupt Snoras bank with a focus on private banking, wealth management and investment funds) to Invalda LT.
- Snoras' creditors committee has announced that a new bankruptcy administrator, UAB Valnetas, has been selected.
- The bankruptcy administrator creditors committee of Snoras bank has reached a favourable agreement in a dispute regarding audit negligence of the international auditing and financial services company Ernst & Young, which has been approved by the creditors committee.
- Represented one of the largest Lithuanian beverage producers and a well-known Lithuanian glass manufacturing company in a dispute related to the validity of fraudulent bank transactions and the validity of several fraudulent loan agreements.
- Represented a leading security service provider in a dispute with the National Competition Council in the Supreme Administrative Court.
- Represented the client, a major Lithuanian financial services group, in a dispute regarding the alleged illegal transfer of assets by a debtor.
- Represented the Client, a city infrastructure company, in a case against a major Scandinavian bank before the Supreme Court of Lithuania.
- A leading counsel and strategic adviser in a major regulatory finance dispute.
- Represented one of the largest alcoholic beverages importers in Lithuania in bank's bankruptcy case.
- Represented client acting in the industry of alcoholic beverages in the case regarding the commence of the criminal lawsuit.
- Advised Aspen Group on the GSK pharmaceutical brands business transfer in Lithuania and performed the legal due diligence of the Lithuanian GSK.
- Defended a client, a major Lithuanian brokerage firm, against an ungrounded lawsuit.
- Represented a major security service provider in an antitrust case against the National Competition Council of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Motieka & Audzevičius represented a subsidiary of a foreign bank in a dispute with a major real estate company in the Baltic States.
- Defending the major Lithuanian transport company against the claim of the largest commercial bank in the country.
- Advised on the Major Transaction in the Lithuanian Airport Sector.
- Defended the client in litigation initiated by bank regarding the claim of forfeit and damages against one of the major players in Lithuania in the field of corporate finance, asset management and brokerage service.